Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Final Weeks... April 11-25

April 11, 2011

Hey ya'll !!!
Hey everyone! Wow. Monday again!? This week went by pretty quick for us. Can't believe it's Monday again. Last week was a REALLY GOOD week. Really enjoyed it! We did get some nasty weather last Monday. Had a couple tornado warnings. I heard from someone that there was a tornado that touched down in Manchester. Things are going really well. Marcie and Bryleigh came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. Last night we got to teach her daughter, and son. Her 16 year old son is really interested. I think he will get baptized in the near future. We are really excited for this area. It is about to explode!(with baptisms) Marcie is good for Saturday, but Bryleigh (the 8 year old) is iffy. Her dad is pretty against her meeting with us. But we got to meet her dad last night, so we are hoping and praying that her dad will give her permission to baptize her this Saturday with her mom. That would be really awesome. So please keep them in your prayers. :) That would be greatly appreciated.

Everything here is going well. We saw the Mills last Thursday. They are doing good. Sis. Mills has been busy with her daughter, who just had a baby down in Alabama. She has been down there ALOT. They had a lot of tornado damage from the tornado that came through March 1st.(pictures are on my Facebook) But I will tell her hi next time I see her for ya.

Yeah, gas is ridiculous, and all this government stuff, not sure really what's going on I have just heard about all of it from members and investigators about it. I also heard from someone that the NFL won't happen this fall :(. They are apparently on lockdown. That's a bummer, as long as college football doesn't do that I’ll be fine.

These last 3 weeks are going to be the BEST EVER!!!!! I am going to make sure they are! baptism this Saturday, and possibly one more before it's all said and done.

Facebook and Blogging is going great! Having some successes with it. My blog has gotten some hits from Germany. AWESOME! Maybe someone somewhere through my blog will find the missionaries in their area and get baptized. That's what I keep praying for, or at least contact me via Facebook. I have talked to a few less actives from previous areas, and our area. One of which who we haven’t been able to see in a while. They are doing the Stop Smoking workshop, he says they are doing good, but hopefully we will be able to get to see them.

Facebooking doesn't really affect our day too much. We do it around 1:00-3:00. Afternoons are kinda slow so it's good that we are doing it then. Usually not very many people are home. We do live right down the street from the church, so it’s not that hard to get there, not very much travel time required. :) But everything is going well!

Looking forward to this week. It should be a good one. Hope everyone else has a GREAT WEEK!

 "Be diligent in all that you do. Let the spirit guide your path, and hold tight to the rod. Make your journey the best you can. Never give up hope on those you love. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, Keep your eyes to the glory of God, and do what He would have you do." -Elder Tim Edgell (Yup a quote by me)
LOVE YOU ALL!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!!

YOUR MIGHTY MISSIONARY
ELDER TIM EDGELL :)



April 19, 2011

Hey Everyone!

 Hope  Everyone has had a GREAT WEEK! Marcie was unable to get baptized this weekend due to her sickness.:/ We did get to see her last night though. She looks alot better. :) So she is getting baptized this weekend instead of this past weekend. Along with possibly her 16-year old son and her daughter Bryleigh, please continue to keep her in yalls prayers that her dad will soften his heart and allow her to be baptized :). But this past week was really good. We didn't have any time to email yesterday, we were in McMinnville all day with the zone at our Zone Pday ;). It was really fun, played dodge ball, and basketball. It was funny, everyone was asking if I had played basketball in High School. Nope, just since I was a deacon :). I have gotten alot better at basketball out here. Anywhoot things are going really well!!!! We are really excited for Marcie and her family this weekend. It is going to be A GREAT WEEK! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

 Last night we went and had a FHE with one of our not so active families. We taught the plan of salvation. Well more like discussed it since we all pretty much knew it. It was a good time. We are going back and finishing the lesson with her next Monday night. We found a few more people to teach last week. It was kind of a slow week but it went good and fast. But It was a good fun week :).

The weather has been really nice the past few days. I LOVE IT :D Looking forward to Easter this weekend, when everyone will have a chance to reflect on what the Savior has done for us. I think we should ALWAYS remember what He has done for us. It is cool to be able to wear His name on my chest every day, His name right next to mine, it is such an amazing experience. I love being able to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that’s crazy that Ben Brown gets home next week! Well, I guess I’m not too far behind him. Weird how fast it goes by, but I guess I knew this day was coming sooner or later. I am excited. But I do have mixed emotions right now. I love the people out here, and I love TN. I have learned so much out here. Oh, you said something about my flight itinerary.....what time will I be getting in? Just curious. I get my copy either this or next week, most likely next week. I have been slacking, haven't asked Sister Hutchings about the bike situation yet. I may just donate it to the mission. Not sure what else I’m gonna do with it.

 Oh mom you’d be proud of me :) a few weeks ago I finally got my dark suit dry cleaned ;) YAY! Bad news is The zipper on it came off, so I need to take it in and figure out how much it would cost to get it fixed. I would rather wear that suit. Anywhoot I think that’s it. THINGS ARE GOING FANTASTIC!!!!! Loving life, and living it to the fullest :)

 Hope everyone has a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 LOVE YOU ALL!

-Elder Tim Edgell

April 25, 2011

HAPPY BELATED EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
Hey everyone!  Hope everyone has had a great Easter weekend! We sure did. :) Marcie was unfortunately not able to get baptized this weekend. She was really stressed, and didn't want to be rushed. :/ But we are postponing it another week :D So we are planning tentavely for this Saturday :). What a good way to go out :). Oh speaking of Easter weekend we had dinner with Marcie's family last night. And guess what!?! I ate turtle :). I am happy to say that it was DELICIOUS :D. I was actually surprised at how well it tasted. I tried to get my comps to eat it, but they wouldn’t, haha. Marcie and people were like man he must be from the south he is eaten what we eat :). haha. It was a good time. Bryleigh's dad was also there. So hopefully he is seeing that we are "normal" people. We are hoping to meet with him sometime this week. We were unable to set anything up this past week. So please continue to keep them in your prayers. That family is so awesome. We have all become really close. Marcie is my TN mom out here. I have had a lot of those out here. But she is probably one of the best ones that I have had :). I have sure been blessed to be watched out for out here. :) Heavenly Father sure does look after His missionaries. But this past week was good. Sacrament meeting was really, really good yesterday. All about Christ and His atonement. I was really impressed with the spirit that was there. It was a GREAT FEELING :). Felt really uplifted. It was weird yesterday when everyone was sayin..Hey "short timers" haha meaning that we don't have much time left. I love this ward, I am really going to miss this ward, it has been really good to me. :D
Oh for the bike, I feel it would be best if it would be to donate it to the mission, I think that a missionary would greatly appreciate a free bike. But that's what I have decided. Oh as for speaking I would be fine speaking the 15th...I guess the sooner I get it done the better, just to get don’t and not worry about it. Will we be able to go to the PW ward that Sunday I get back as well? Hope so. YAY for Kaela and Michelle :). That's exciting.
Oh, I got my "trunky" papers this past week. I’m sure you already know my flight itinerary but I leave Nashville at 8:15am, fly to ATL, then up to DC (Dulles). I am glad I am flying into Dulles, not a big fan of the busy, busy Regan National. I will be getting back to the great state of VA at 1:50pm. Hope people are able to make it at least family :).
Anywhoot things are going well. Loving every last minute I have left :). Interviews are this week. So this week should be a good week. Well I think that's it for now. Oh is it possible that you could put some money on my card so I can get my pants fixed? End of the month, so I don't have any money left on my mission card. Would be of great help :) Love you lots. Till next week.
Love yall
-Elder Edgell





No comments: