Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow,Obedience and Candy Canes

December 13,2010

HEY HEY HEY!
Hey everyone!

It’s been really cold the past few days. Yesterday it didn’t even get out of the 20s.....It snowed all day and night Sunday. Got at least 3 inches of snow. Library was closed yesterday so we were unable to email.

We had Zone Conference today...actually just got out of ZC.

It was fun walking around last night....it reached about 15 degrees, with a windchill of about 8. We saw multiple temps all on different thermometers, all I know is it was cold. I realized after last night that I don’t have any winter stuff...I have a sweater, and a light jacket, and gloves, but that’s about it. I was actually fairly warm; I wear my PJ pants underneath my slacks, to keep my legs warm. It was fun to see it snow again. Church was let out an hour early. Samson and Olin came to church on Sunday. They are doing well. We haven’t met with Olin for about a week now, but he is doing well from what he said on Sunday, it's always good to see people come to church, makes me happy.

Last week was a good week. Monday night especially. We went to see a former investigator. His name is Rick Wills. He is way awesome, and way humble. The reason why he stopped meeting with the other missionaries who began to teach him was because he was finalizing a divorce, and it didn’t go the way he wanted it to, well the way with the custody for his 3 year old son. Anyways to make a long story short we set a baptismal date with him!!!!!! YAY! It was supposed to be for Christmas day, but he didn’t come to church on Sunday, so it is going to be post ponned for the 26th. And we haven’t gotten in contact with him since last Friday. So please keep him in your prayers that he will be able to make his baptismal date for that weekend. :D. Cuz I learned a very powerful lesson on how prayers are truly answered. And I will leave it at that, the story is too long to share on here, so I will just wait till Christmas probably and tell yall.

This past week we found 10 new people to teach!!!! So excited for what’s happening in the area, and what’s happening in the mission. So we came out with a new rule of only Mormon Tabernacle choir and Conference talks, so nothing else except that. So I am going to pack away all my CDs so I can follow our new rule. We can’t even listen to Christmas music, but it will help keep us more focused on the work.

The "Traveling Zone Leaders" were with us Saturday and Sunday. It’s Elder Davis and Elder Culvur. Elder Davis came out with me, so it was good to see him again. But it was a really good two days. Learned a lot, and found 7 new investigators in one day! Excited to see what this week will bring.

I have the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple tomorrow, and I am so excited. I get to do all the ordinances. Baptisms, sealings, endowments, etc, etc...I got my temple recommend renewed after Zone Conference. Which by the way was a way good ZC today.

We talked about and focused on the Life of Christ mostly, because of the Christmas season. I learned a lot more about Christ that I thought I already knew, but I was able to re-learn it again, which is always good to renew memory. But it was awesome to learn more about the life and ministry of Christ, Also learned something about the candy cane that Sister Hutchings shared. And this is something like how it goes. Take a candy cane and flip it upside down, what letter does it make? It makes a J. What does J stand for? Why of course Jesus. What else does the candy cane look like? Well it looks like a staff that a shepherd uses. Jesus is the shepherd....so that’s why we have the candy cane. I thought it was a cool story, of course there is a lot more detail to it than that, but that’s the gist of the story. But all in all Zone Conference was good, and looking forward to Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, not sure what time I will be calling yet. We are going over to a member’s house in the evening, so my guess is around 6 or 7....I will most likely call a little bit earlier though, since it is the weekend and we get free weekend minutes...but this year we only have 40 minutes. Our mission is trying to follow the "White Bible" more fully and to the exactness. So not sure when I will be calling. I think Elder Hamblin will call in the afternoon sometime. I will talk to the Drapers to see what time. But remember that yall are an hour ahead.

Well, other than being cold I’m doing good....oh one more thing....I NEED NEW SHOES ASAP!!!!!!!!! They are falling apart, and they are old and stink! And I’m out of stamps. But other than that things are going well.

Working hard, trying to be as obedient as I can. I will let you know what time I’ll call you next week...

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO YALL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

No comments: