Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Dec. 20. 2010


Hey ya'll!!!

First things first...Christmas day!!! I can't believe it’s already Christmas again. Seems like we just had one. So not sure exactly what time I will be calling but most likely around 2 our time, so that would be 3 your time... We will be at a members home Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and later on that day, when we will be calling. I am also excited about being able to talk to yall...will everyone be around so I can talk to them? Sure hope so. But so yeah 2:00 my time. So 3 your time. We only have 40 minutes to talk this year. The missionary department and President recommend it .But hey 40 minutes is better than nothing. :D.

Glad to hear that ya'lls Christmas program was good yesterday. Ours was too. I think one of the High Council men spoke. The ward choir here is actually really good. They had a really nice program. Sadly though none of our investigators were at church yesterday :(. Not sure exactly why, but we will find out this week hopefully. Samson one of our investigators came during priesthood, he woke up late, because he had to work late last night. And we pretty much had dropped him because we taught him everything already, and we told him that it is up to him now to figure things out and to keep praying. We told him he can still come to church, and still read, but we can't do much more for him. We can give him support but that’s about it. Olin Kiley is doing well too.

We went on splits with the Zone Leaders on Friday. It was pretty good. I went with Elder Swenson (he came out with me) and Elder Hamblin went with Elder Rosecranes, our other ZL.

Olin is doing good from what I have heard. He has been studying in the index of the Book of Mormon about baptism and repentance. He told Elder Hamblin and Elder Rosecranes he is not sure how to start repenting, or where to begin. So I was able to study for him this morning, and actually learned new things about repentance. I love being able to study in the morning and then try to apply them in my missionary work.

That is pretty much all we are working with right now, we dropped alot of our investigators this past week. We pretty much are starting from scratch. So there is going to be alot of tracting this coming week..woo who.

Other than that, I am just trying to figure out how I can get this area moving. And how I can get the members excited about missionary work enough to get alot of referrals, and alot of things going for us. :D.

But overall this past week was a good one. I got my package from the John's and also Sister Bastian. Haven't gotten yours yet...should most likely get it today or tomorrow, we will see though. Hopefully today :D. Oh, and also got one from Melissa as well. So I have gotten 3 packages so far. When I get stamps, I will be sure to send of thank yous to everyone.

Hope you do get to see the Christmas lights, that would be awesome. They actually canceled the Temple trip last week due to an ice storm that was supposed to come through. Not sure exactly when I will be going to the temple again, but hopefully soon.

This next week we have TWO PDAYS in a row!!!! Exciting! Friday and Saturday. So today is just a half a pday to get laundry done and emailing and shopping done.

Looking forward to talking with y’all Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!IIIIIIIIIIII Hope y’all have a great week, and stay safe traveling!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL TALK TO YALL ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :b

Love,

-Elder Edgell :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :b

No comments: