Thursday, September 16, 2010

Teaching, Teaching, Teaching

Hope everyone has had a great week like we had.

We taught 36 lessons! Found a pretty solid investigator too. We are hoping to get to see her sometime this week. Her name is Kristin, please remember her in your prayers. She seems way excited and she was way happy to see us.

Church was good yesterday, all about rescuing others, and bringing them back to the fold.

Our members are stepping up big time, ever since the stake presidency has been SUPER Missionary minded, they have kinda kick started a good month for our zone.

Our goal this month is 15 baptisms, next month I believe is 40! We got this! Anywho, another person that we plan on baptizing this month is someone who is a part member family that we actually have dinner with tonight, so we plan on setting a baptismal date with him. His name is Brother Helle.

Other than teaching 36 lessons this past week, it was really good. Nothing out of the ordinary, except being in Blackman on exchanges with the DL. It was fun. It was a nice break from my area, because I didn't have to worry about too much.

This week is going to be a really good week. We have a goal of 40! lessons, and I know we can do it. We were one lesson over our goal of 35 this past week, so we are teching lots over here. And doing good.

This week we have apartment inspections. President and Sister Hutchings are coming over to look and inspect them, so we spent this morning cleaning, and getting them ready, since they are this Wednesday. I think we will pass, Elder Lawrence and I keep the apartment pretty clean all week, and it helps that it is a new apartment, so it's not to bad from previous missionaries, etc.
This week is going to be a big week. It will determine if we baptize this month or not, which I hope to be baptizing Brother Helle, either this weekend or next weekend. We will see how tonight goes. We talked to him a little bit at church yesterday.

I love M'Boro alot, and I love the people here, it is an amazing place.

We still have not heard from Kennedy yet, but we keep on trying. I know he is busy with school and with football but hopefully he will give us a call.

I got your letter, and thanks for sending everything :D. Hopefully we hear about my camera before the transfers end, in case I get sent up to middle of no where Kentucky, because transfers are in two weeks. Not sure if I will stay, hopefully I will.

But I am doing good over here in good ole TN.
Speaking of TN, big game for the Gators this weekend. A few of the members are going to the game...sadly not rooting for Florida.

So yeah, everything is going good. I'm surviving the heat. It's actually pretty nice today, almost fall like. I can't wait for the cooler weather. I am excited! :D, It's getting closer to that time of year.

Hope everyone has a good week, and had a good past week. Oh mom before I forget, can you send me Doug and Dana's address...I lost it again. I need to write it down so i don't lose it.

Thanks a bunch for everything :D. Love yall

Your favorite missionary serving in TN

-Elder Edgell :D

PS GO GATORS!

No comments: