Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Belated Independence Day

"Howdy Edgell clan, and whoever else reads these things!
Hope everyone who went to the beach enjoyed it...wish I could of been there, but I have more important things to do out here in TN.

Our 4th was okay, had a really good sabbath day. Actually did more resting than work, it was kind of a half P-Day.

We got to watch a little bit of the capitol 4th concert/ fireworks at a members house, so that was our little way of celebrating. There of course was alot of parties going on. We were going to go downtown to contact in the afternoon, and see all the concerts that were going on, but we ran out of time to make it down there. There was also a ton of fireworks going on at our apartment complex so we went out and got to watch those. It was cool, some really good fireworks...because all the "illegal" ones that are illegal in VA aren't illegal here, the ones that shoot up in the air, so there were some good ones.

Other than that it was a good one. :)

Oh, Sunday was also my 14th month mark!!!! holy cow! Can't believe how fast its going. Only 10 more months left. Say some prayers that it will go a little bit slower, and tell Andrew to stop growing up :) and tell him I say happy birtthday!

Taylor and her boyfriend were able to make it on Sunday, thanks for your extra prayers :). We are eating over there tonight and teaching her.

Everything is still good to go for her baptism/wedding. We actually found out at our last visit that she's only 17! She is way mature for her age. She is turning 18 on the 23rd. Nuts! But we are excited for her. She reminds me alot of Ariana (RC in M'Boro). Teaching is going well, and she loves everything, I can't wait till I get to see them sealed in the temple next July or August.

Anyways, we have a few more people that we are going to start to teach this week, and are excited about it. Lessons were down a bit last week, only got 25...I say down only because we have been averaging around 30-32 lessons a week, but looks like this week is going to be a good week.

We had Interviews early this morning. They were really good. I am now offically a certified teacher in the mission. We have this thing called CDP(C-Commitment, D-Doctrine, P-Principle). We had to teach a lesson to the assistants and get above a 70% to pass, and Elder Dean and I got a 85% out of 100, still need to work on a few things, but we are definitely unified in our teaching, which I have been blessed with a good companion all my mission.

Had a good talk with president, about how commited I am. Lots of improvment is needed, but I am looking forward to see the changes that I am going to make to be 100% committed, and not only 85% commited. It was really good though, I think I needed some good motivation to get me going again. I have been slacking in a few things, but I definitely learned alot this morning with President. My hair actually grew enough where it doesn't look as short as it did when I first cut it last Monday.

Oh good news...We are moving!!! We get to move out of the ghetto :) Woot woot, so hopefully no more guns get pulled out on us :), but thats everywhere in TN here.

We are moving into Bellevue. The heart of our area. They are really nice apartments, almost brand new and updated...and we get a washer and dryer!!! That will be a nice change...if I get to stay, since transfer calls are on Saturday. But they are really nice, we are moving on the 23rd of July, well that's when we can move in, and that day will be hectic with the baptism/wedding, so we are moving on the 24th..We are really excited :). So looks like I will be moving too. :) Well, I think that's all from down here in the South. Hope all is well.

Love ya'll !!!!!!
-Elder Edgell

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!!!
LOVE YOU!"

No comments: