Monday, June 7, 2010

Still Hot in Tennessee

June 7, 2010


Hello!

Summer is in the air…still!

We had a really good week last week. We were finally able to get a hold of Glenn and Andrea, which they seemed to of vanished till Friday evening, when we saw Andrea. She has been really sick, and they got into a car accident and Glenn has been in the hospital for most of the week(getting blood transfusions) with his sickle cell that he has.

We have been blessed to be able to teach a lot of lessons again last week. We have been doing a lot of member work, and gaining their trust with us, and everyone really likes us, which we are glad about. And since we still do not have a big teaching pool , that’s what we are focusing on mostly, member work, and this week we are going to be finding ALOT of the time.

Our mission had a two week goal of 1,000 new investigators by Saturday. The reason being is because Elder Ballard of the 12 will be holding a dual mission conference with us on Saturday. I am so excited.

We also went to another 8 year old baptism on Saturday, which was AWESOME. I was surprised they didn't have us teach again…which I don't mind getting up in front of people and speaking anymore...well I kind of do, but not too much, I’ve done it multiple time already at baptisms.

When I say dual I mean the Knoxville mission and our mission will be together during the conference. I am really excited, probably more excited about that than the World Cup.:-)

We are going on splits Friday night with members and they wanted to go tracting with us, so we will be doing that the last hour 8-9. So wish us luck. We haven't had much success with finding new investigators in the past couple of weeks. We have found a whopping total of ZERO :(. But I know that will change this week when we diligently search for God's children who are looking for truth. So just say an extra prayer or two for us that we will be able to find a lot of people this week.

This week should be a really good week. We have Zone Conference again this Wednesday in Lebanon. The Ballard Conference on Saturday, and another regional stake conf. on Sunday. And a DLC today (District Leader Council) in Smyrna with president and the Zone Leaders. We will be going on exchanges with the Zone Leaders Wed-Friday, so I will be in Old Hickory then, with Elder Richins. So this week should be really good.

I think that's it for this week. Hope everyone is doing well...Oh, one more thing please say an extra, extra prayer that I will find my wallet...yes I lost it again...I hopefully will find it. I think it fell out in Bishop's office yesterday at church, that’s the only place I haven't looked yet, and I have literally looked every where, so hopefully I will get it tomorrow night when he looks for it, and before the 23rd because that’s temple day and I need it before then.

No comments: