Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot, Hot and Humid

June 1, 2010

Hello from Hot Hot Humid Nasvhille TN.

Hey Everyone! Our past week was a good one. Transfer calls came and went, and both Elder Dean and I are staying another transfer together.

Summer is definitely here in Nashville. It's been really Hot and HUMID the past few days. I think this summer is going to be VERY WARM! It seems like there's never a "dry moment" when we go outside. But I am thankful that we have a car every other week. I am learning, slowly but surely to carry around water with me ALL the time, or some form of liquid, to keep me hydrated. I am excited that I get to stay here another transfer, I really like it here. The ward is awesome! And they really like the both of us and they actually want us to stay, so that's a good thing.

This past week was a really good week. We are consistently now teaching 25 lessons a week, last week was our second week in a row that we had that, so we are both really excited about the work moving up. Still not very many people to teach, but I am thankful that we have 3 pretty solid investigators. Even though it's really hot we still walk around and get things done.

Not too many interesting things happened last week. Oh except all the crazy bus ride adventures that we had, phew...let's just say there is ALOT of crazy people here in Nasvhille. :)

Glenn and Andrea are still doing fairly well. Glenn seems like he is getting sick all the time, so he's never able to make it to church, but Andrea was supposed to come on Sunday, she said she would, but for some reason could not make it. We stopped by their house on Sunday after church and no one was home. So hopefully we will be able to stop by today to see them, and set up an appointment with them. Other than that everything is going well.


I think that's all I need for now. Hope everyone is doing well and had a good memorial day...oh my box did come, and THANK YOU! I love my new scriptures...I started the NT last week when I got them, and am in Matthew 8. BofM reading...Alma 8. So, my goals for my last year on my mission is to read the NT, read the BofM twice, and read PMG 3 times. So wish me luck. I have 11 1/2 months to do all of that :). Hope ya'll have a good week, and stay cool :)

-Elder Edgell

No comments: