Thursday, April 8, 2010

And the Work Goes Forward

Here's the latest from Elder Edgell. In the monthly mission newsletter I receive I noticed that Tim's zone was second in the mission for baptisms in March. They had 24! The Spanish zone lead with 29.

"Hope yall enjoyed General Conference this weekend, as I have. It definitely was a good one. Priesthood session was awesome too. I definitely agree with Ben, it was one of the best that I have been to as well. President Monson also said that in his remarks.


The weather is amazing here, it's been in the 80s all weekend, and I heard it's supposed to stay that way all this week here. :)


The work here is going really well, we were low on lessons this past week with only 18, but that's only because of General Conference weekend. We didn't get very many lessons in until last night. We worked really hard yesterday to try and achieve at least 18 lessons by the end of the night, and the Lord definitely blessed us as we showed our hard work, and obedience.


To top off a good weekend with Easter and General Conferance we were able to set two baptismal dates last. They were for Kim, and Kenny. They both really love the church, even though they have not yet been to it, they really wanted to go to GC but were unable to because of their 13month old son. They should be at church this Sunday. They are both really excited to get baptized. Their date is set for the 16th of May, only because they have to overcome smoking (like everyone else in the south) and they have to get married before then, so we will see how it goes. So we are way excited for them.


Lance came to the Saturday afternoon session, but Haley had to work. We plan on seeing them tonight sometime. We also usually play racquet ball with Lance so we are going to do that tommorow.


Also another one of our investigators who had a baptismal date came...Moses White, I don't know if I ever told you about him, but HE CAME! to the morning session. It was awesome to see him there, and a surprise, but also very thankful.


All of our investigators are doing well, they are progressing well also. We plan on setting a date with Lance and Haley tonight for baptism. So be sure to pray for us as we teach them, so that they will be willing and ready.


Ariana Naylor, who got baptized in March is doing awesome, we actually saw her this morning when we were washing the car. She enjoyed General Conferance alot. She liked how it was all about families.


But yeah the work is definitely going well. President in his email today told me that he was WAY impressed with what I have done here.


We find out if we get transfered not this Saturday but next Saturday. I might get transfered because I have been here since December...almost 4 1/2 months, that's how long I was in Sulpur well for. So we will find out then.


 I can't believe it's already April...SLOW DOWN TIME! At least if you find out how, let me know, that would be much appreciated of all of us missionaries.


A year ago last Friday was when the big tornado came through M'Boro, but luckily this year it was a nice Good Friday. Hope not too many twisters come through, although you know I would love to see one :).


Whats been happening with March Madness? It should be over, if not the Final Four...who made it?


Anyway I'm doing good, and healthy, and teaching LOTS of people all day everyday. I love it. It definitely is rewarding and fun, and also definitely probably the hardest thing I will ever have to do in my life...and I thought football camp was hard....nothing is comparable to a mission. It is the best thing that any one can ever do."

No comments: