Monday, April 26, 2010

April 12th entry

"I will be in McMinnville again on exchanges with the Zone Leaders Wednesday-Friday, so that should be fun.And I will be with Elder Campbell, who I first served with here in Murfreesboro.

This past week went by way fast. Time is flying so much. Last week was really good, our lessons went up from the past week, from 18 to 25. We are seeing much work being done here. We met with Lance and Haley and we had such an amazing lesson. The spirit was really strong there. Haley told us that everything is begining to "click and come together" so that was awesome. As for Lance he is still praying and reading about the Bof M. We might go visit with them tonight if we have time. We have a few appointments tonight, so we will hopefully be able to make it over there.
We haven't been able to see Moses since last Tuesday I think, but he is doing good.He continues to read and pray. He knows the BofM is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet, he just needs to recognize the significance of that, which he does not realize yet. But other than that he is doing good. We had no investigators at church sadly on Sunday. The whole district struggled with that, as well as new investigators and lessons in general. Zone Conference week is usually low, but not as low as they were at. I just hope they will work hard this week, and see success.

Speaking of Zone Conference, it was really good. It was in McMinnville, and we had to drive all the way down there because the cars were getting inspected, we passed :). It was a really good conference.
There is a sister missionary in the mission that has just dominated everything about missionary work. She is a Nauvoo Sister missionary who came in for a couple months, and in one week she taught 77 lessons! Now that's ALOT of lessons. President was impressed with what she was doing so he had her come in every Zone Conference and tell us how to do it. Basically you have to be humble and sincere when you talk to people, and most of all be excited!!! about the gospel, because after all it is a very exciting thing to know that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ has been put back on the earth.
I have been trying that out, and it actually works. It's amazing how many people will listen to you and accept your message if you are excited. This sister missionary was actually in the MTC the same time I was, so I knew her a little bit. And she is an amazing missionary.

Hmmm. Trying to think of what else happened this past week. There definitely has been alot of spiritual experiences, as well as blessings poured out to us. I have noticed that ever since President gave us the challenge to read the BofM and highlight every time it mentions Christ, that I have seen so many miracles here than I have my entire life, and I know that is due to our reading of the scriptures.
I have grown a love for the scriptures since I have been on my mission. It is amazing the difference that it makes in our lives as we read them, even just a little bit.

Being on a mission has definitely given me a perspective on how much I love my family. It makes me want to be able to spend as much time with yall alot more when I get home. And also seeing people change there lives around has also changed my life. It is a great blessing to be able to witness that. It is also a great blessing to be able to preach the gospel to all of my brothers and sisters. I love it so much, and I hope each of you get an oppurtunity sometime to share the gospel with someone. The Lord will bless you to be able to know what to say to them. I encourage you to look for that opportunity sometime during the week. :) :)

Hope every one is doing well and alive and kickin! I love each of you.


Your # 1 Missionary

-Elder Edgell

p.s. oh forgot to say something exciting happened yesterday. There was a brush fire right near our apartment, but they got it out quickly, thank goodness. "

No comments: