Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Work Continues...


March 16, 2009

Hey Yall!!!! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work Andrew!

That’s so cool that Ben (Brown) finally got his mission call! I'm so excited for him. I'm sure they are excited, he has worked hard for it. One of our young men in our branch got called to the same mission!

Oh super exciting news!!! We set a baptism date last Thursday!!! April 14. The missionaries have been working with her for the past couple of months, and we finally set a date with her last week. Her name is Connie. Her husband died last year, and she has been going through a difficult time, but she loves us. She loves how we are so dedicated in what we do...I love when people love us back, and tell us how awesome we are, it brings us up big time.

My companion and I got 3 new investigators yesterday! Just from contacting (going out and talking to people). One guy that I talked to was awesome. I talked to him, seein how his Sunday was going, what he was up to, and then I handed him a Book of Mormon pass along card, and asked him if he’s ever heard of it, and he was like "YA! I have one at home." I asked him if he’s gotten a chance to read it yet...he said "No, but it’s on my to do list." So I was like WHY HAVENT YOU READ IT YET!!!, but in a nicer way than that. The outcome of that story is that he wants the missionaries over to teach him! I say missionaries and not us, because he may not be in our area.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes/packages. I got Krista and Mike’s last week, and we ate the cake. Speaking of eating, I’m being feed very well.
I'm having a blast, and learning lots. Yesterday our branch presidency got released and new ones were called. They are all awesome people. I love the people here.
Glad yall are doing good. Thanks for the prayers.

No comments: