Saturday, January 22, 2011

Training, Teaching and Thankfulness

January 20, 2011

"Hey everyone!
Today's email should be longer than the last one...Lot to talk about and longer time. :D
Well this week has been good so far. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we had a specialized training in Murfreesboro. So that's why Pday is today instead of on Monday. We are here in Nashville! Elder Waltman (my comp)had a Dr. Appointment, so we thought we would spend the day in Nashville since we were already here.
It’s a very cold day. People say we are expecting a snow
storm...not sure how big or small, but it’s very lightly flurrying right
now...you can barely see it kind of snow.
It has been a really good week, lots of learning, and lots of spiritual things. We went over some of
the new 8 lessons that the brethren have come out with that will help us teach
better.
They are...1) the doctrine of Christ-The missionary Purpose. 2) The
role of the holy ghost in Conversion. 3) Revelation through prayer 4)
Revelation through the BofM. 5) Revelation through Church attendance. 6) Teach
People, Not lessons. 7) We invite, they commit, we follow up and #8) How to
begin teaching.
I actually wish they came out with these when I first came out because I have become a much better
teacher since they have come out, and I have learned a TON in studying them. They can all be found in "Preach My Gospel" Which by the way is a goodbook...I love it. I encourage yall to study it out...especially Chapter4...Recognizing the Spirit(my favorite).
Had some pretty cool experiences. I got to stay with the current Stones River Elders that are now there. On Tuesday night me and Elder Bassett(one of the missionaries that are there) went to an investigator who is reading the BofM and he wants to find truth. The lesson went really well, at
the end of the lesson we invited him to say a kneeling prayer....probably one of the most powerful moments on my mission. The spirit was SUPER strong. But I don’t think he realized it, but I
was able to point it out to him, and I asked him how he felt, and he said peaceful and calm. It was a very special moment. I will probably remember that one forEVER.  But all in all the past 3
days have been really, really spiritual for me. I just love this gospel, it is awesome, and I am so glad I have this opportunity to serve the Lord.
Oh, on Sunday night we had an awesome lesson with our Ward mission leaders nephew. He has been meeting with us for about a month now, and we set a baptismal date with him!!!!!! We set it for February 6th. His name is Josh Reed, so if you could keep him in your prayers that
would be awesome.
I like Tullahoma a lot. Sister Mills and I had a good conversation on Sunday after church, and as
well as Brother Mills. She told me the last time I saw her in church I was interrupting
sacrament meeting :) But we plan on having breakfast with them on Saturday morning....oh and thanks for the box!!!!! and tell Diana, if you can find the Tennessee
shirt she can burn it or throw it away...I have repented of wearing the T shirt
:) haha.
Yesterday was President Hutchings birthday! Not sure how old
he is, but our whole Zone gave him a tie. I have some good pictures of it.
How was your week? Hope it was good. Hmmm...Can't really
think of anything else. Oh, my companion’s name is Elder Waltman. He is from
Alberdine Idaho...not sure if that’s how you spell Alberdine but yeah. We get
along really well, and have lots of fun together.
We are going to head back to Tullahoma shortly, after we take some pictures of downtown, and go exploring  :D. Today has been a good day so far. And it was good to be back in Murfreesboro for a couple days, and to see
people...seems like people remember me and miss me so I guess I had done some
good things there. And I found out that a less active is now active. I
worked with him ALOT when I was there and he is trying to be a good missionary. He
was so shocked to see me there, but very happy to see me.
But yeah I am doing good and loving life, and loving every moment of my mission. Thank you all so
much for your love and support that you have shown me while I have been out here. I really do appreciate it. :) It's hard to believe how fast time goes, but I guess that’s what happens when you are serving the Lord and serving people you love. Because I have truly come to love the people here. No matter what walks of life they have been through.; Just thought I would take a moment
to Thank everybody. So THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME!!!! I
LOVE ALL OF YOU!
Till Next week
I LOVE YOU
-Elder Tim Edgell"

No comments: