Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling like fall in Kentucky

August 24th :

“Howdy from beautiful Sulphur Well, Kentucky!


It has felt like fall the past couple of days and is amazingly beautiful.


I gave my talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. I don’t know why I was nervous. I teach and talk to random people every day. Other than being nervous, it went well.


We’ve given the Stop Smoking workshop like a million times this week. I taught it for first time on Saturday night to one of our investigators. Afterwards we gave him a priesthood blessing. It was way cool.


Our mission got over 600 new investigators last week. AMAZING! Elder Reeder and I taught over 36 total lessons and the week before that we taught over 48! President Hutchings called to congratulate us. I think we set some new record. We found 16 new people last week.


From Pres. Hutchings – “Great news – 50 dates were set this week. That was our goal and you made it happen. Thanks and congrats. Also, we have 87 future dates. There are others in the wings. They didn’t come to church so they weren’t counted as a future date. The hope is real and our faith is being tested. You are coming through like a knight on a white horse. Keep up the great work and thanks so much for all your good and hard work.”


Our fridge is dying on us. It never keeps food cold and our milk has gone bad after just a couple days since purchasing. So we have no food or milk, which stinks. We are getting a new fridge tomorrow. Thank goodness.


I received my reinstatement letter from President Monson on Saturday. Pretty cool! It’s a letter from him, short, but it’s cool.”

No comments: